19 May 10 Important Steps to Creating a Project Plan
Hello! are you searching for commercial general contractor Austin. Because, One of the important factors for project success is to have a well-developed project plan. So in this aspect, you should contact a commercial general contractor austin who can help you create a well defined plan.
Like a roadmap, it gives the direction for the project.
Now check out 10 important steps to creating a project plan meet before commercial general contractor austin:
Explain the project plan to key persons and discuss its main components:
The project plan is the main aspect of the entire planning process. This contains all the planning documents for the project.
The project manager needs to set the course for the project. A project manager needs to correct the project course as well.
So the first step is to explain the planning process and the project plan to all key persons.
Components of the project plan include the following things:
They’re the project’s three main starting points and include the cost baselines, scopes, and schedules.
That is why, it is important to know whether the project is on track or not.
Baseline management plans.
Each project baseline should be well managed. There is a need to do additional planning, with the possibility that the baseline may change.
Define roles and responsibilities:
Not all key persons will review all documents. So it becomes necessary to determine who will take the responsibility of the plan. Some of the key players are:
- Project sponsor who owns and funds the entire project.
- Project team who build the end product.
- End users, who use the end product.
- Designated business experts.
- Project manager, who creates, executes, and controls the project plan.
Hold a meeting:
Meeting is a useful way to bring key persons together to discuss the project. It’s an effective way to start the planning process.
This way, you can start building trust among the team members and also make sure that everyone’s idea is taken into account.
Develop a Scope Statement:
The Scope Statement should include:
- Business need and business problem
- Project objectives.
- Benefits of completing the project and the project justification
- Project scope.
- Key milestones, the approach, and other components
Develop scope baseline:
The scope baseline includes:
- Identifying all the deliverables.
- Taking large deliverables and breaking them into a hierarchy of smaller deliverables.
Develop a schedule:
- To Identify activities
- To identify resources for each task, if known.
- To analyse how long will it take to complete each task.
- To estimate cost of each task
- To consider resource constraints.
- To know which tasks are dependent on other tasks, and develop a critical path.
- Develop a cost baseline
Create management plans:
All the management plans usually include a review and approval process. Different approval plans are usually required for different types of changes.
Develop the staffing plan:
It is very important to develop a staffing plan. If you develop a proper staffing plan, then it’s become easy to schedule and manage a project.
Analyze project quality and risks:
Creating the Quality Plan involves setting the standards, acceptance criteria, and metrics that you can use throughout the project. So you need to analyze the project quality.
Not only this, you also need to analyze project risks.
Risk management includes assessing the risks and developing risk management plans to understand and communicate how the team respond to the high-risk events.
One important feature of the project plan is the Communication Plan. It states things like:
- Who on the project needs which reports, and in what format?
- How issues can be escalated and when.
- Where can you store project information and who can access it.
In project planning and management you have to review and approve the project plan and the process for changing the contents of the plan.
Then you need to execute and control the project plan.
Dominion LLC is a full-service construction company that provide design and build services to commercial investors like you.
We are most reputed commercial general contractors Austin. We help you attain your goals and objectives.